Soliya encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply for positions in our North America and MENA offices. We seek global citizens committed to fostering or learning about cross-cultural understanding and peace. Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience and include full benefits.
Soliya is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Global Headquarters (New York)
There are no open positions for careers or internships.
Other Opportunities (Worldwide)
USA or MENA
Soliya is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and tech-savvy individual who is passionate about M&E and cross-cultural dialogue, to join our group of high-performing team players. You will work closely with Soliya’s Chief Program Officer, the Connect Program team members based in the US and MENA region, and become part of our larger global team.
Between July 2019 and July 2021, Soliya is committed to conduct a Quasi-Experimental Design (QED) to assess the impact of its flagship program, the Connect Program, against a matched control group. We are looking for a Research Coordinator to support the implementation of this research project, and serving as a communication and implementation liaison with Soliya’s educational partners in the US and MENA. This position can be filled in either of our field offices in the US or the Middle East and North Africa.
About Soliya’s Research Efforts
Since its inception, Soliya has invested a lot of energy in understanding the impact of the Connect Program on participants, with a focus on Empathy and Understanding; 21st Century Skills including critical thinking, cross-cultural communication and collaboration: and Empowerment and Activation.
Soliya has had a research partnership with the Saxelab Social Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory at MIT and more recently with the Annenberg School of Communication at University of Pennsylvania. Over the last 15 years, Soliya sought to create and establish the field of “Virtual Exchange”, by taking a leadership role in professionalize this growing field and identifying and validating evaluation tools to measure attitude changes and skill-development that young people achieve through programs such as Soliya’s Connect Program.
Through testing among Soliya’s Connect Program participants and matched control groups, results have already demonstrated that virtual exchange programs can increase participants’ empathy for other cultures and perspectives, develop their willingness to engage constructively with peers of diverse backgrounds and views, and provide participants with the experience of being heard and respected.
In this new research phase, we hope to review Soliya’s impact on areas of meta-dehumanization and meta-perceptions. The research will run from July 2019 to July 2021, and will include two rounds of testing in spring 2020 and spring 2021.
- Develop simple content that speaks to Soliya’s research goals, methodology and impact assessment tools
- Represent Soliya and communicate our research goals and impact assessment tools to local partners in the US and MENA region – using a variety of communication tools such as Webinar, brochures, emails, short videos, and in person meetings.
- Cultivate relationships that meet the matched controlled criteria, and secure the participation of sufficient numbers that meet our sample size targets.
- Work with local partners to motivate and incentivize the matched control group to be fully orientated and complete in a timeline fashion all phases of the research
- Support the maintenance and enhancements of Soliya’s evaluation surveys, and support existing in-house data analysis as required
- Oversee reporting of the QED research findings, using existing templates
- Design and implement short research projects for the Connect Program in coordination with relevant team members, as needs arises
- Graduate studies in social sciences preferred and 3-5 years’ work experience in relevant field
- Excellent inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in representation and communication with a variety of audiences
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel and Word, ability to work with Google sheets, and flexibility to adapt to other tools,
- Experience with quantitative M&E, data analysis and reporting
- Strong project and time management skills able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time,
- Excellent attention to detail
- Arabic/French language proficiency is a plus
- Independent work ethic and self-reliance; with demonstrated ability to work with a multicultural team,
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Arabic,
- Must be comfortable working in an online environment and demonstrate a potential for growth and learning,
- Passion about Soliya’s mission, and
- Flexibility, patience, and a sense of humor.
Salary & Benefits:
The salary and benefits package for this full-time position is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Soliya is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
This is a unique opportunity with exceptional growth potential to join a young organization at a dynamic stage in its development and work on one of the world’s most pressing issues.
How to Apply:
Please have your cover letter and resume ready to upload and indicate in your cover letter your unique skills and experiences. Please also describe in your cover letter how you would fit into the Soliya position you are applying for.
Facilitation Fellowship - Fall 2019
Soliya Facilitation Fellowship
We are currently seeking candidates who are interested in becoming a Soliya Facilitation Fellow in the Fall 2019 semester. As a fellow, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of Soliya’s network of talented fellows, develop your craft through intensive solo facilitation, gain exposure to a wide range of facilitation approaches through observations and weekly debriefs, play a key role in Program design and implementation, and gain a behind the scenes understanding of the Connect Program.
The paid Facilitation Fellowship for the Connect Program is a great opportunity for Soliya-trained facilitators who are committed to Soliya’s mission and are looking to deepen their involvement with the organization and our volunteer community, while honing practical skills in facilitation, coaching, and quality control systems. The Fellowship requires the ability to facilitate 4-5 sessions per week, observe sessions live, daily, lead and attend support gatherings and team meetings. We have part time (20hr/week) and full time (40hr/week) options available.
Applicants must have at least 2 successful semesters of facilitation with Soliya (those with coaching experience are preferred). Excellent communication and writing skills, solid computer skills and proficiency in working with Microsoft Office Suite a must.
Please have your cover letter and resume ready to upload. In your cover letter be sure to write 1-2 paragraphs on why you are interested in this role, how you qualify and how you may be able to contribute to the team. Be sure to also note your general days/times of availability and preferred full/part time option.
The deadline to apply for the Facilitation Fellowship is Friday, August 16th.
This is a paid opportunity.
For more information, please see our website at www.soliya.net.
Have Questions about Job Opportunities or the Internship Program? Contact Us »