Soliya encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply for positions in our North America and MENA offices. We seek global citizens committed to fostering or learning about cross-cultural understanding and peace. Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience and include full benefits.
Soliya is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Global Headquarters (New York)
There are no open positions for careers or internships.
Other Opportunities (Worldwide)
Facilitation Fellowship - Fall 2020
We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2021 Facilitation Fellowship. The goal of this Fellowship is to foster the specialized training of Virtual Exchange cross-cultural facilitators. As a fellow, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of a network of talented practitioners, develop your craft through intensive solo facilitation, gain exposure to a wide range of facilitation approaches through coaching, observations and weekly debriefs, play a key role in Program design and implementation, and gain a behind the scenes understanding of Connect Program implementation.
This is a great opportunity for trained facilitators who are committed to the mission of cross-cultural education and are looking to deepen their involvement with the organization and our volunteer community while honing practical skills in facilitation, coaching, and quality control systems. The fellowship requires the ability to facilitate 4-5 sessions per week, observe sessions live, daily Monday - Thursday, lead and attend support gatherings and team meetings (Friday’s).
We have part-time and full-time options available.
- Full time (40 hours/week): €3600/9-week contract
- Part-time (20 hours/week): €1800/9-week contract
Projected dates for Fall 2020 Fellowship: Friday, October 8 – Thursday, December 10.
Applicants must have at least 2 successful semesters of facilitation and coaching within the Connect Program. Excellent facilitation, observation, communication skills, a must.
Please have your cover letter and resume ready to upload. In your cover letter, please write 1-2 paragraphs on why you are interested in this role, how you qualify, and how you may be able to contribute to the fellowship team, program planning, and implementation. Be sure to also note your general days/times of availability and preferred full/part-time option.
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 14.
Partnerships Internships - Summer 2020
Partnerships and Communications
Partnerships and Communication team supports the acquisition of new partners and sponsorships to grow access to Soliya’s virtual exchange programs and its technology platform. The team informs, educates and promotes greater understanding and dialogue across cultures and differences.
Soliya Internship Program
We are looking for a qualified candidate for our Summer 2020 internship program to join the Partnerships and Communications team. The internship will be entirely remote-based. The Intern will work closely with the program team in North America and MENA region. They will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in intercultural communications and global partnerships in international nonprofit field. This is a unique opportunity to get practical experience working with a growing nonprofit that empowers young adults in around the globe to establish more cooperative and compassionate relations within and between their societies by combining the power of dialogue with the reach of new media.
Outreach and Communications Internship
The Partnerships and Communications team seeks candidates who are interested in international relations and partnerships and are knowledgeable about social and global issues.
The Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Help screen applications from non-higher educational institutions, namely youth organizations
- Assist in screening, vetting, and contacting qualified applicants, explain our programs, and match the applicant with a program; gather the required information needed from them to transition from outreach to programs
- Assist with editing, dispatching, and getting Memorandum of Understandings signed, track progress and organize files through Sign Request platform.
- Help curate content for social media and execute posts across platforms as needed.
- Assist with contact database maintenance as needed on Excel and in Salesforce.
- Receive facilitation training, if interested
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English,
- Able to communicate with people whose first language is not English
- Flexibility, patience, and a sense of humor.
- Collaborative and have an interest and familiarity around youth causes and issues;
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to perform in a deadline-driven environment,
- Experience with Excel and CRMs/Salesforce are a plus.
- Arabic/French fluency (verbal and written) are a plus.
- Design skills, knowledge with Canva app is a plus.
The intern will report to Senior Coordinator for Outreach.
Hours of internship are flexible, but interns will be asked to work 20 hours per week at minimum.
Please submit your cover letter and resume and indicate in your cover letter your unique skills and experiences. Please also describe in your cover letter how you would fit into this specific Soliya internship.
Have Questions about Job Opportunities or the Internship Program? Contact Us »