Soliya encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply for positions in our North America and MENA offices. We seek global citizens committed to fostering or learning about cross-cultural understanding and peace. Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience and include full benefits.
Soliya is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Global Headquarters (New York)
There are no open positions for careers or internships.
Other Opportunities (Worldwide)
Soliya is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and tech-savvy individual who is passionate about cross-cultural dialogue and conflict resolution to join our group of high-performing team players. You will work closely with the program team around the world on implementing two of Soliya’s programs:
- Virtual Exchange Solutions – providing customized training or dialogue programs adapted to external organizations needs and aligned with Soliya’s mission.
- Social Circles – a short Virtual Exchange program open to all youth on predetermined themes and taking place regularly on a bi-monthly basis.
You will use your communication, administrative and creative problem-solving skills to manage applications of interest, and coordinate the effective implementation of these virtual exchange programs. This position can be based in Tunis, Tunisia, or be remote in other parts of the MENA region.
The Program Coordinator will report directly to the Innovation and Design Specialist, and will have the following responsibilities:
- Track applications for the Virtual Exchange Solutions and Social Circles programs,
- Support all communication with participants relating to logistical information on program implementation,
- Support all communication with facilitators relating to logistical information on program implementation,
- Support participant and facilitator selection, registration and scheduling processes,
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks as needed (update internal databases, track performance, etc.),
- Assist with data management and data analysis,
- Assist with researching and developing dialogue and/or training content material as needed,
- Implement impact assessment tools, and work with the team to identify programmatic successes and areas for improvement,
- Gradually gain the ability to facilitate dialogue and deliver trainings using Soliya’s methodology.
All applicants must have a Bachelor of Arts or equivalent and demonstrate:
- Passion for Soliya’s mission and adherence to the principles and goals of dialogue,
- Strong Organizational and reporting skills,
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft office, videoconferencing, and online collaboration tools,
- Demonstrated ability to manage large amounts of data and develop effective tracking systems,
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and ideally in Arabic and French too,
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to perform in a deadline-driven environment,
- Strong inter-personal skills,
- Independence and self-reliance, with demonstrated ability to work with a multicultural team,
- Adaptability to various audiences, cultures and personalities,
- Ability to think creatively,
- Experience with remote working and online collaboration across time zones is ideal,
- Knowledge on Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Prior experience with Soliya programs is a plus,
- Flexibility, patience, and a sense of humor.
The position is a local hire in Tunisia, however qualified persons residing in other parts of the MENA region are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits:
The salary for this full-time position will be commensurate with experience, with full benefits. Soliya is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
This is a unique opportunity with exceptional growth potential to join a young organization at a dynamic stage in its development and work on one of the world’s most pressing issues.
How to Apply: If you find that you are eligible and interested, please apply on the Soliya website. Please have your cover letter and resume ready to upload.
Head of Technology
About Soliya (www.soliya.net):
Soliya is a not-for-profit organization that combines the power of interactive technology and the science of dialogue to offer cross-cultural exchange and learning opportunities proven to transform lives. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making technology a force for good in society. If you are a technologist who cares about responsible applications of technology, who can work collaboratively with educators and partners, and who is excited to bring vision and help Soliya’s virtual exchange programs to realize their growth potential, we want to hear from you.
Soliya runs a noncommercial, proprietary video conferencing platform to host its education programs across borders. It is web-based and uses Web-Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) technology. It is backed by a Learning Management System that serves as a hub for activity including applications, registration, scheduling, and educational resources for thousands of college students and hundreds of facilitators across the world.
The Head of Technology will report to Soliya’s Chief Program Officer and will manage Soliya’s technology ecosystem, supervise the tech support and developer teams, oversee Soliya’s relationship with technology vendors, and work with other departments at Soliya as well as partner organizations to meet their technology needs. The ideal candidate will have vision as well as the ability to deliver with limited resources, will have experience managing customer-driven technology services, and will thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diverse international team. This is a full-time position at Soliya.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee Soliya’s technology operations; manage technology system and team
- Develop a technology vision and strategy; work closely with Chief Program Officer to map out goals, resources, and delivery milestones
- Work with the existing technology team as well as other internal departments to assess IT needs and to develop appropriate protocols and project management tools
- Work closely with the different programmatic teams to develop appropriate protocols and schedules that meet program needs
- Work with contracted developers and technology vendors to apply upgrades and bug fixes to Soliya’s Learning Management Systems and Soliya’s proprietary Video Conferencing platform
- Manage Soliya’s contracted Tech Support team to provide seamless live tech support for Soliya’s programs and partner organizations’ Virtual Exchange programs
- Ensure successful and user-friendly delivery of Soliya’s technology solutions to external partners
- Oversee the integration of new systems and tools as needed
- Improve productivity of Soliya’s IT processes by identifying deficiencies and recommending changes in technology tools, training, processes and reporting
- Maintain and upkeep Soliya’s back end office IT systems (minimal)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing projects related to information technology, IT systems design, and database management
- Experience in API and cloud computing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to provide resolutions to problems quickly
- Demonstrated ability in effectively managing tech projects and related budgets
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, colleagues, and other departments
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Good understanding of the customer service business and be customer service oriented
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- The ideal candidate will also have technical experience with database design, LMS development, web development, and overseeing back office support
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
How to Apply: If you find that you are eligible and interested, please apply below. Please have your cover letter and resume ready to upload.
Have Questions about Job Opportunities or the Internship Program? Contact Us »